Some people really, really like slogans. They think if they come up with a cool phrase that people can get behind that they'll get excited and jump on the bandwagon. In organizations that's their mission statement but I'm not sure mission statements actually do what they're supposed to do. Sometimes it's better to break that down and have the leadership focus on one thing (but not the only thing), for example, this year let's really focus intentionally on...
- getting people into the Bible more.
- making sure all our leaders are trained and confident.
- building unity and community.
- educating people about worship.
- making sure everybody can comfortably verbalize what they believe.
If you want more details about how a Saturday might be used for planning look at the Planning post in July or contact me.