There are a few things that typically go wrong when facilitating adult Bible study.
- Leaders prepare slides and read them.
- Leaders just talk while participants sit and listen.
- Leaders ask questions that stifle discussion.
- Leaders aren't sure how to stimulate discussion.
- Leaders are afraid of the questions participants might ask.
- Leaders unknowingly respond to questions or comments in a way that makes people not want to participate.
In response to my previous posts and this one, I created a document that can be given to those who lead/facilitate adult Bible study in the church. It's called Tips for Teaching Adults. Unfortunately, I can't keep giving everything away for free, so it's available for a mere $4.50 and you can copy it as many times as you need to. Please share it with those who volunteer to teach adults at your church. It will encourage them and give them confidence. You'll find a sample of the whole booklet here.