|German Paper Christmas Stars|
Why not break the 3 Wednesdays of Advent into 3 nights of stars and The Journey of the Magi.
It doesn't have to be a big deal but you could include a time of Prayer and Prepare, make and take a star ornament, and then supper and worship. There are a variety of ways this can be done:
- Include it or a variation of it in your midweek program.
- Add it to your Advent supper by having it start a little early so people can participate.
- Start a new tradition for Advent!
I considered breaking down the story or idea into these themes:
- Preparing for the Star - The Magi studied and prepared before they started their journey. Are we wrapped up in the glitz and glamour of the season or are we preparing?
- Faith in the Promise of the Star - Anticipation and building excitement. Do we trust in the promise outside of the feelings of excitement?
- Journey to the Star - We all are on a journey to the star. We prepare, we trust, and we go. Are we going?
You might even want to take it all the way through Christmas Eve or Christmas Day as the star did not stop shining when Jesus was born. The Magi weren't there yet. They didn't arrive until later.