Had his wife pretend to be his sister twice.
Was circumcised at the age of 99.
Tried to save Sodom and Gomorrah.
Had two wives before he died.
Nearly sacrificed his son.
Who am I? Abraham.
Laughed at God's promise.
Bore a son after her child bearing years.
Was jealous of her maid's child.
Lived 127 years.
Who am I? Sarah.
Was peaceful and was his mother's favorite.
Bought a birthright.
Stole a blessing.
Married two sisters.
His name was changed to Israel - had 12 sons!
Who am I? Jacob.
Was in Jesus' family lineage.
Kept his brothers from killing their youngest, Joseph.
Sold him instead.
Who am I? Judah.
Her maid was Zilpah.
It was through her son, Judah, that Jesus would come.
Was married to a man who loved her sister, Rachel.
Who am I? Leah.
- Isn't it interesting that the lineage of Jesus was through Judah and not Joseph?
- Isn't it interesting that the 12 tribes of Israel came from a man who bought a birthright and stole a blessing?
- What do you think about Abraham having his wife pretend she was is sister TWICE?
- Isn't it interesting that it wasn't through Jacob and Rachel, but Jacob and Leah that Jesus came?
- What does it mean for us that God chose some of these people to be in the lineage of Jesus?