These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.
|Prayers for Children|
CPH & Amazon
We also like traditions. We are steeped in holiday and family traditions. They're something we look forward to and we don't like it when somebody changes them. Ritual and traditions remind us who we are and where we come from and as we grow up they are what make great memories. Some of mine are the midnight Christmas worship with my high school friends, church picnics, and, believe it or not, when I visit a congregation that uses parts of the old liturgy from The Lutheran Hymnal, I feel like I'm at a family reunion. I'm home.
|Prayers for Youth|
If you want church to be a part of their children's lives, provide resources for and encourage parents to:
- Make daily prayer a ritual for their kids.
- Have a weekly time of Bible reading and discussion.
- Make attending worship a family tradition.
- Become a part of Christian traditions in your church.
- Start Christian rituals and traditions at home.
Don't just tell them to do it. Tell them WHY IT'S IMPORTANT!