Bible Verse of the Week
- Choose a Bible verse for the week. It can go with the sermon theme or the Sunday School theme for the week. To start, make it something short but gets the point across.
- Introduce the verse to the congregation during the sermon or just before or after it. One of the tactics I use as I teach is, "Say it with me folks..." but, of course, you could introduce it however you want.
- Put it in the bulletin for them to take home, have a short blurb about saying it out loud 5 times every night to commit it to long-term memory
- Revisit the verse before church the following Sunday as part of the welcome or good morning speech and have everybody say it together.
- Encourage them to say it as a family at dinner, at bedtime devotions, or attach it to a visor in the car and say it while driving.
- Have the verses beautifully printed and hung on the wall in the education part of the building to remind everyone what they've learned.