FOOTGOLF you say? I had never heard of it before a friend told me she did it with her family in California and now I find there are 6 Foot Golf Courses in the Twin Cities area. Here's how you play in a nutshell. Players kick off from a tee box and attempt to get their soccer balls in a 21-inch diameter "cup" using the fewest number of kicks on a 9-hole course. Doesn't it sound like fun? The cost is about $10 per person. There's even an American FootGolf League!! What a great way for families and youth to spend an afternoon!
Here are a few options:
- FootGolf tournament as a fundraiser. Just think of how many more people can participate in this than in a golf tournament.
- Annual family tournament before or after a church picnic.
- Annual Fall FootGolf tournament.
- Have some wacky awards for those who kick the ball in the wrong direction, etc.
- Have some serious awards for best score, worst score, etc.
I might not even make a fool of myself playing
this game and can't wait to try it!!