There are many ways a congregation could enjoy their own Christkindlesmarkt. Try one of these:
- Fundraiser where the ladies groups (or the whole congregation) raise funds for a charity by selling...
- Baked Goods
- Christmas Ornaments and Decorations
- Community celebration to invite families and the whole neighborhood into the church where there are stations where they can:
- Make traditional Christmas crafts and ornaments.
- Make and/or taste traditional Christmas foods.
- Meet the magi and the shepherds and enter the stable as they hear the story of Christmas.
- Learn about German (or your heritage) Christmas traditions.
- Have times throughout where live entertainment is shared through children singing songs or doing a short Christmas pageant, small adult groups could perform, story telling, etc.
- Have a photo booth where families and/or friends can dress up in Christmas costumes such as shepherds and angels. If you're creative about the background you'll get some fabulous photos.
I LOVE this idea! It can be a great educational and fun experience. If anybody tries it please let me know how it goes!