Please keep in mind that I personally believe that worship doesn't HAVE to come from the hymnal but it should still contain all the appropriate elements. When our youth start making comments and decisions regarding worship they should be informed as to what they're actually talking about. Given that, I started teaching the youth more about worship and created these documents using the listed resources. You may get the books and create your own study or use my outline.
- Meaningful Worship from CPH (Explains the meaning and importance of Lutheran Worship. It goes into much more detail than I did in my outline and includes discussion questions. I'm not sure of the quality of the discussion questions.)
- Gathered Guests from CPH, 2nd edition (This book gives the biblical and theological answer to the question 'Why do we worship?' from a traditionally Lutheran perspective.)
- Liturgy Explanation from The Lutheran Hymnal
- Reflections on Contemporary Worship from the LCMS commission on worship
- 10 Reasons Why We Use the Liturgy by the Rev. William Cwirla (posted at Higher Things)