Send the graduating youth off to college with a great connection to the youth group and the church with a memory book or scrapbook. Pictures are so easy to print these days it should be a breeze or you can make online scrapbooks. They may remain free online or you could have them printed for a small fee (depending on their size) as a graduation gift. One way to do it is to give everyone 2 pages (they can be half or whole), 1 for a memory with photos and 1 to put anything on that they want that person to remember while they're away whether it be a devotion, poem, favorite Bible verse, etc. Another way would be to do a group book where random things are added to pages. Don't forget to let the pastor and any other important adults put in a page as well.
They can include:
- Memories or stories of things that happened over the years.
- Pictures of people and events.
- Reminiscences of mission trips or youth gatherings.
- Favorite song lyrics.
- Prayers for while they're away.
- Have each member of the group write up a devotion or inspirational words and prayer.
- Personal memory, name and contact information.
Don't let them graduate, go off to college, and feel disconnected. Let them know they take everyone with them!