It seems as if everyone is on Facebook. Many congregations have pages that members can LIKE and pastors post items like titles of sermons or Bible studies, etc. Here are a few other ideas:
- Post regularly (via Hootsuite if necessary). As mentioned earlier this will help you manage your time, organize, and schedule your postings.
- If you have one volunteer to organize social media postings have a specific mailbox and let people know which days postings or scheduling of postings occur.
- Choose specific people as Facebook "admins" who can post events and information on behalf of the church.
- Post items such as: upcoming Bible studies, scripture, prayers for specific needs, and/or shout-outs for groups who organized/hosted events or programs (not individuals or somebody will get upset that they were inadvertently excluded) and don't forget posting appropriate photos.
- Ask for people to post prayer requests every week. (They can respond to a post/request by an admin.)
- Choose specific people to check the page regularly for important member postings or messages.