Here are the rules of play:
Everybody sits in one group with a large bucket or bowl of terms. Each person takes a turn and gets 2 minutes to verbally describe as many terms as they can while their team guesses what it is based on their description. When their time runs out the bowl is passed on to a player on another team. The team that gets the most terms after a specified number of rounds wins. Members of other teams listening in keep everything honest. There is NO PASSING. Do the best you can. You cannot spell the word or use a variation of the word to describe it.Here are some suggestions:
- Have a specified time limit so you don't spend all your time on this. I would give them 15-20 minutes max.
- Have a long list of terms so you don't run out. I've created a list to get you started but you can add plenty of your own depending on what you're studying at the moment.
- Add all kinds of terms, people, places, and things. Be sure to include some easy ones.
- Teams of 3 or 4 are ideal. If your teams get too big some kids will not participate because others on that team will overshadow them.
- If you have a really small class so that you have only 1 team you can still play but then tell them that if they get so many terms they can win a group prize... food works well!