Brain facts that will enhance your preaching effectiveness:
- If you want people to remember something longer than 30 seconds you have to say it more than once.
- It takes repeated exposure to something over long periods of time to make it a solid memory.
- Memory and emotions have a great influence on what we consider boring and we don't pay attention to what we consider boring. Emotions make the brain pay attention.
- Our senses work best together. For example, memory recall is higher when you combine hearing and seeing.
- If you hear a piece of information you'll remember 10% of it 3 days later. If you add a picture you'll remember 65% of it.
- You'll get 3 times better recall for visual information than for oral and 6 times better recall for information that's oral and visual simultaneously.
Ready, set, GO!
Brain information from Brain Rules by John Medina.