- have a short (and funny) skit to introduce the board members and the adult leadership so people know who leads what ministry.
- take a survey of how they would like to participate or what they always wanted to try.
- introduce seasonal Family Fun Nights (examples might be autumn pumpkin carving, winter cookie swap and snow games, spring bird feeders and campfire cookout, summer backyard water games)
- introduce Bible study options
- have a puppet show or skit to introduce kids to people they should know at church.
- give the 3rd graders their very own Bible.
- introduce the Sunday School theme of the year and have related activities. For example a possible theme is Bible Investigators, Inc. and activities might be having mug shots taken (photo of kids on a decorated paper plate frame), a short investigation (Bible scavenger hunt), giant puzzle clues that are put together on the wall to unveil a theme verse.
If you have a theme for which you need ideas, let me know. My brain works really well like that.
Remember that enthusiasm is contagious!!